The Word of God is proclaimed through preaching and song at Moorings Presbyterian, which has a rich history of providing quality music in worship services, masterworks and the Hyacinth Series. All ages can explore an avenue of service through choirs, handbells, the organ, many instruments, serving communion, ushering, greeting and serving as liturgists.
Sundays 9 a.m.
Sundays 10 a.m.
throughout the year
Join in lifting your voice and heart to God in song and prayer through one of our choral or handbell choirs. Youth share their music through participation in youth group and the youth praise band.
Adults are invited to participate in the Chancel, Summer and Handbell Choirs.
- Singers in the Chancel Choir commit to attend regular rehearsals on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. and to sing during Sunday morning worship services, September through June, recognizing that seasonal residents will participate for a shorter period.
- The Summer Choir welcomes all to join and rehearse Sunday mornings at 9:15 a.m. and sing in worship services, June through mid-September.
- Moorings Ringers rehearse on Sundays at 4 p.m. and primarily ring in Sunday worship. The Ringers have represented our church around the world in International Handbell Symposia and in our community.
- Morning Bells is an ensemble of adults who ring in worship periodically and rehearse on Thursdays at 9:30 a.m., October through April.
Youth in middle school and high school participate in praise band, choral, instrumental, and handbell music, and perform periodically in worship services and at special events.
- Middle school: Wednesday rehearsals for choral, instrumental and handbell music on a rotating basis.
- High school: Youth praise band rehearsals on Sundays during High School Fellowship.
Children age 4 through grade five participate in music at Wednesday Connection, September through May and during Sunday School.
The 2018-2019 concert year celebrates 37 seasons of unique and inspiring music from talented, notable artists.
This concert series invites the community to experience beautiful music and hospitality as we welcome all to these free concerts. The series is supported by gifts from our patrons and offerings accepted during the concerts.
Moorings Presbyterian Church has a vibrant performing arts ministry and hosts concerts and recitals each season. The 900-seat sanctuary houses a 3,657-pipe organ and a Fazioli grand piano.
November 18, 2018 The Russian String Orchestra, an outstanding internationally-known ensemble
January 20, 2019 Tim Zimmerman & The King’s Brass
February 24, 2019 Alma College Choir (of Michigan), the college’s premier choral ensemble
*March 1, 2019 Marjorie Sterritte Memorial Concert by Daryl Robinson, organist (concert is at 7:30 p.m.)
March 17, 2019 Hope College Chapel Choir (of Michigan), a collection of sacred music from around the world
April 7, 2019 Southwest Florida Symphony, with Alexandra Carlson, pianist, and Air Kabaretti, conductor
The Sterritte Family Organ, which showcases 54 Stops, 63 Ranks and over 3,600 pipes, was installed in 2008. The Solo Division, to be installed June 2018, will significantly increase the tonal palette and dynamic range.
In the spring of 2017, the church, with generous gifts from many members, purchased a handcrafted 9-foot Fazioli grand piano for the sanctuary to complement and support the music offerings.